Hey guys! Following a chat with some of my number one fans (you know who you are 😘) I thought I’d give having a ‘segment’ a go. So please enjoy the first of (possibly many) “Tori’s Top Ten” lists.
Tori’s Top Ten Tips for Making Your New House (Flat) a Home;
- Mix it up a little – put serious things with fun things!
- Get yourself something smelly – buy a candle, some incense, a diffuser, or even just some spray, if something smells nice you’ll love it more! 🕯
- Put up some pictures – they can be of friends/family or just of something you like! 🖼
- Pop a reminder of who you are in each room – For example I have a memory board in my living room, a ‘motivational block’ in my kitchen, an owl in my bathroom, and my snow globe collection in my bedroom!
- Make it comfortable – add in some pillows or blankets!
- Every so often, bake something! 👩🏼🍳
- Buy something new – something special for your new place! 🛍
- Find yourself a great new takeaway close by – everyone needs a takeaway sometimes, it’s part of life, so why not find one that’s great for you!
- Listen to music while you’re unpacking – music makes everything more enjoyable! 🎶
- And finally, celebrate when you’ve finished unpacking – I had some champagne! 🍾
So there you have it, my Top Ten Tips for Making Your New House (Flat) a Home. There are of course some more traditional ones, and these probably aren’t for everyone, but these are what have been helping me settle in to my new flat.
I hope you like them and that they work for you too!
Until Next Time,